Size Guide: Necklaces
My Chain Options:
Most of my necklaces come with either a 16" or an 18" chain. If you'd like to swap an 18" for a 16" or vice versa, please drop me a 'Note' at checkout. 20" chains are available at an extra cost of £3.
Many of my necklaces can be made to different lengths, so please do get in touch if you'd like a specific size.
Women's necklaces are usually sold in even numbers of inches, 14", 16", 18", 20", 22" and 24". Whilst this guide, and this information page, provides a helpful point of reference this will differ slightly from person to person. 16" is considered a standard comfortable length for women, however I find an 18" a more comfortable fit. This may also be true for other plus-sized ladies.
- A 14" chain will fit like a choker, wrapping closely around the neck.
- A 16" chain will sit around the base of the neck, on a petite woman it may hang loosely sitting like a collar on the collarbone. However, on a plus size woman it may sit more like a choker. My charm necklaces come on a 16" chain.
- An 18" necklace is a popular choice, for women it will sit at the collarbone. My Custom Bar Necklaces, Bee Hexagon Necklaces and Open Heart Necklaces come on an 18" chain.
- A 20" necklace adds a little bit of extra movement, sitting bellow the collarbone. This is a great choice if you wear v-necks.
- A 22" chain will sit just above the bust.
- A 24" chain will sit on the bust (for most). A popular choice for larger statement necklaces, like my Pebbles and Large Stars, I like to wear these with chunky knits and summer jumpsuits.