- Strong Elastic
- Colourful Seed Beads
- Letter/Number Beads
- Bead Stopper
- Bead Mat & Ruler
- Precision Glue (optional)
- Child/Small - 6"
- Women/Medium - 7"
- Men/Large - 8"
- Anklet - 9"
To pick a size, simply measure around your wrist and size up to the right size. For example, if your wrist measures 6.5" go for the medium size. These bracelets have a lot of stretch, so don't worry about getting them over your hands!
- Cut your elastic approx. 3" longer than the the size you need (size guide above) and pre-stretch your elastic. This helps stop the bracelet getting baggy.
- Add your bead stopper to one end, and add your 'end' bead (this is where we'll hide the knot).
- Get threading! Work out the middle of your word/phrase to line up with the middle of the ruler as you go. If you're going for a Medium size, your bracelet will need to measure from the 7 on the left, to the 7 on the right of my rulers.
- Once you've finished threading beads, remove the bead stopper and tie two tight knots on top of each other. Pull tight before adding a final 3rd knot.
- Stretch the ends of your elastic, and pull either side of the knot to tighten further.
- Trim the ends of your elastic and gently slide your knot inside the 'end' bead.
- If you're using a normal ruler to measure, you'll want to line the middle of your word up with the mid point of the bracelet. For example, a Medium sized bracelet will have beads starting at 0 and ending at 7", the middle of the word should line up with 3.5" on your ruler.
- My 'end' beads are beads with slightly bigger holes so we can hide the knot inside.
- I like to add metallic beads either side of my word, you can also use these to break up words or Bible references!
- If you have glue, you can add a dot to reinforce your knot. I like to use G. S. Hypo Cement glue as it has a precision knot, and crucially, stays flexible once dry.
Friendship Bracelet Ideas & Inspiration:
Sometimes choosing what to create can be the hardest first step! Names, dates and Bible references make lovely bracelets, here's some more empowering faith-filled ideas too:
HOPE. LOVE. JOY. PEACE. FREE. CHOSEN. WILD. FAITH. COURAGE. POWER. WWJD. PRAY. WORSHIP. HOLY. BLOOM. WORTHY. FEARLESS. RISE-UP. PRAISE. LIGHT. LOVED. YAHWEH. SAVED. PRAY. TRUST. TRUTH. HELD. STILL. RENEW. KIND. WHOLE. PURPOSE. BRAVE. STRENGTH. BLESSED. AMEN. GRACE. KNOWN. WITH ME. GROW. GRATITUDE. GIVE THANKS. BE STILL. JESUS. ENOUGH. TREASURED. PRECIOUS. STRONG.