My Method for Cleaning your Jewellery with Home Cupboard Staples!
Today I'm sharing my method for cleaning sterling silver jewellery at home. This easy method uses store cupboard staples, for a gentle but effective cleaning method. Silver jewellery naturally tarnishes over time, especially if it comes into contact with perfumes and hairsprays etc...
You Will Need:
- A bowl
- Aluminium Foil
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Freshly boiled water
- Polishing Cloth/clean fluff-free cloth
- Salt (optional)
- White wine vinegar (optional)
- Line a bowl with aluminium foil, making sure it covers the bottom of the dish.
- Add a couple of teaspoons of bicarb and freshly boiled hot water.
- Add your tarnished jewellery and wait for the magic!
- Remove with tweezers and give the jewellery a final buff with a clean cloth.
- For extra stubborn pieces, add a teaspoon of salt and a dash of white wine vinegar.
Hey presto! Shiny sterling silver jewellery. There's something science-y about chemicals and elements that makes this work 🤷🏻♀️ But it's a super simple method which I find works well!
Did you know I sell polishing cloths? Available to buy here:
Professional Polishing Service for Jordan Lily Designs Jewellery
I've also just introduced a Professional Polishing Service for your Jordan Lily jewellery. For £10 I will restore your jewellery to shine like new! Simply post your jewellery to me, and I will give it a thorough clean and re-vamp with my polishing tools.
This service also includes a refreshing of the black infill in stamped pieces.